Last week I created this chart to demonstrate how very different Apple and Samsung’s mobile strategies are:
The evidence can be seen on Samsung’s Press Release page.
- March 14: Samsung GALAXY S 4
- April 3: Samsung GALAXY Star
- April 3: Samsung Pocket Neo
- April 8: Samsung GALAXY Win
- BONUS! The Samsung Galaxy Trend II & Galaxy Trend II Duo, which apparently don’t even merit a press release.
The Galaxy S 4 certainly seeks to compete in the upper-left quadrant, but its true value lies in building brand in the lower right. That’s why everyone heard about the launch, even as most of the world actually buys the Star, Neo, Win, Trend et al.